Day 28

We had a whole day to explore Lightning Ridge. I decided to head out of town to the Grawin Opal Fields. So glad we did, it was great. There's 3 pubs out there, all super quirky in they're own way. 
We had lunch at the Glengarry Hilton, which was one of the better meals we've had on this part of the trip.
We then bashed around looking for geocaches, unfortunately there was 1 I just couldn't figure out how to get into. A rabbit warren of tracks is an understatement. 
Once back in town I scooted around and found more geocaches, and had a good giggle at "Stanley"...
We went out to the Australian Opal Centre "Spark", a cinematic presentation. I thought it was going to be about the history of opal hunting in Lightning Ridge but it was more of an arty farty presentation, not for me.

Time to continue south to artic Victoria. 

Comments